1. Acceptance of Terms. Welcome to the website ASPN.org. Use of this website is voluntary. By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this website.
2. Non-Personal Information ASPN.org Collects From You. ASPN automatically collects information about your Internet connection, including but not limited to:
•The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet;
•The IP address of the website from which you linked directly to the ASPN website;
•The date and time you accessed the ASPN website;
•The pages you visited; and
•The web browser and operating system you used to access the ASPN website.
This information (“non-personal information”) does not identify you personally. ASPN uses this non-personal information to monitor the effectiveness of this website and to consider potential improvements to this website.
3. Personally Identifiable Information ASPN Might Collect From You. ASPN may request that you voluntarily provide certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) to participate in the password-protected areas, download information, join the ASPN mailing list, engage in payment transactions, or for other purposes (as defined in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use). ASPN does not collect any PII about you when you visit this website unless you give ASPN that information. You may choose not to provide PII via this website.
4. Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information. Unless there are restrictions on use of your PII or unless ASPN tells you otherwise, ASPN may use your PII to:
•Administer your participation in this website;
•Communicate information ASPN thinks may be of interest to you;
•Fulfill your requests for services or materials;
•Respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; and
•Establish or exercise ASPN’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
5. Sharing Your Information. Through display, ASPN may disclose your PII to other authorized users of this website. Authorized users are ASPN employees and members who have been granted access and have a need to know the information collected in order to fulfill ASPN’s mission. ASPN may disclose PII to other affiliated institutions and/or if ASPN is required to do so by law.
The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, but this may limit your ability to use some features of this website.
7. Linked Sites. ASPN may provide links on this website to other sites of interest. Your use of such linked websites is subject to the privacy statements of the providers of those websites. ASPN encourages you to be aware when you leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
8. Security Measures. ASPN works hard to protect the security of the information that you provide to ASPN. While ASPN strives to protect your information through measures that protect ASPN systems, such security cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, ASPN does not insure or warrant the security of information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
9. Reviewing Information. You may contact us via one of the contact methods described in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use if you wish to discuss any issues regarding your PII.
10. Changes. ASPN may change this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. If ASPN does make a change, ASPN will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on this website. ASPN encourages you to review this Online Privacy Statement periodically.
Questions, comments or complaints about the ASPN Online Privacy Statement should be submitted to ASPN via the methods described in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use.