Terms and Conditions
1. Acceptance of Terms. These Website Terms and Conditions of Use, as updated from time to time by ASPN, apply to this website which is published by ASPN. You should carefully read these Website Terms and Conditions of Use before using the website. You can review the most current version of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use at any time at aspn.org. This is a legally binding agreement. If you do not agree with these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, you are not authorized to use this website.
2. Access to Password-Protected Areas. Access to certain portions of this website (“Password-Protected Areas”) may require login and password information. You must have this information in order to access these areas.
3. Online Privacy Statement. The use of your personally identifying and non-personal information will be governed by the Online Privacy Statement found at aspn.org. Your use of this website indicates that you have read and agree to the Online Privacy Statement.
4. Prohibited Behavior. You are responsible for your behavior in your use of this website and for respecting ASPN’s rights in connection with the website and its content.
•You may not use this website for any purpose or in any manner that violates any local, state, or federal law or regulation or the law or regulation of any foreign government.
•You may not violate ASPN’s rights via downloading, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise using this website.
•You may not use this website to post or send any infringing, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or pornographic material.
•You may not use or exploit any portion of this website to distribute commercial messages, “spam,” or other unsolicited communications.
•You may not directly or indirectly, intentionally disrupt or interfere with this website in any manner that may materially adversely affect ASPN.
•You may not take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on ASPN’s network infrastructure, as determined by ASPN in its sole discretion.
•You may not bypass any measures ASPN may use to prevent or restrict access to this website.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties. The use of this website is solely at your own risk. This website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. ASPN expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to this website whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. ASPN expressly disclaims any responsibility for the actions of any other user of this website. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. ASPN makes no warranty that this website will meet your requirements, or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, current, accurate, complete or error-free or that the results that may be obtained by use of the site will be accurate or reliable. You understand and acknowledge that your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any defect in or dissatisfaction with the site is to cease to use this website. You may have other rights which may vary from state to state.
6. Exclusions and Limitation of Liability. You expressly understand and Agree that ASPN shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data loss, or other losses (even if advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from any matter related to your use of this website.
8. Links. This website may include links to other websites. You acknowledge and agree that such links are provided for your convenience and do not reflect any endorsement by ASPN with respect to the linked site or its provider. ASPN makes no representations or warranties with respect to any linked website: Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.
11. Jurisdiction and Venue. This Agreement and the relationship between you and ASPN will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that venue with respect to any dispute between you and ASPN will rest exclusively in the state or federal courts located in King County, Washington.
12. Changes. From time to time, ASPN may change this website and/or the Website Terms and Conditions of Use. If a change to these Website Terms and Conditions of Use is made, ASPN will post the revised Website Terms and Conditions of Use on this website. ASPN reserves the right to add to or change this website or cease offering this website at any time and without liability. ASPN reserves the right to refuse to offer access to this website and/or its content to anyone at any time without notice.
13. Miscellaneous. These Website Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement between you and ASPN relating to this website. There is no agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between any user and ASPN arising solely through the use of this website. These Website Terms and Conditions of Use are binding upon your successors, assigns, heirs and executors. If any provision of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, which shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of ASPN to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right or condition. Any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the website or these Website Terms and Conditions of Use must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose. The section titles of these website Terms and Conditions of Use are merely for convenience and will not have any effect on the substantive meaning of this agreement.
14. Your Responsibility. The Internet is a valuable tool for ASPN. ASPN encourages you to be mindful of the intent and purpose of its websites and be responsible for safeguarding your personally identifiable information.
15. Termination. ASPN may block, suspend, or terminate your use of the website at any time for any reason. Reasons ASPN might do so include, but are not limited to, the following: (a) your breach of this agreement; (b) ASPN is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) ASPN believes that your actions could cause financial loss or legal liability to ASPN or other users of this website; (d) routine network maintenance affecting all users; or (e) your use of this website or service in a manner that violates the law or ASPN policies.